May 29, 2009

Buzz Buzz...




I am a glowing mother this morning. I just got a excited phone call from my son's 3rd grade teacher. I don't know which of us were more excited lol.

My little bee has now ranked in the top 5 of his school in the spelling bee, he goes on to compete more Monday...I am so excited I can hardly wait for him to get home and tell me all about it. I have to act surprised, because she wants him to tell me. I was cracking up, I am so thrilled that he has such a wonderful teacher that she could hardly contain herself and had to call me in the middle of the day.

Thats what makes a great teacher, someone who is always on top of things with her students. What really made me smile is the fact that she went on to say how proud she was of him and how excited she was to have him in her class this year and that he has been such a joy. She would like to keep in touch with him as he goes on to the other schools which he will be next year. I remember at conferences she told me He is one of those kids you want to watch throughout your school years and follow what they will become later in life. Me too, I can only imagine what great things he will do. Right now he has settled on the idea of being an arachnologist. I think thats pretty cool.

I am amazed more and more by him every day. Just when I think I can relax he shocks me with something new. I guess when he was a baby and I told him he could do whatever he wanted to and succeed, he took it literally lol.

Just wanted to share my excitement with all of my wonderful friends.
hugs,
Heather

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Awesome news!! Congrats to son and to mom!!!
Brenda

Lynda said...

Wow, congrats! Thats very exciting news. I know what you mean about him always shocking you. My son came to me after school the other day and told me that he saved a fellow classmate from choking on his lunch. Its the littlest things that make a mama so proud! :) Congrats again

Betty BeadBug said...

Go B! Congratulations to him and to you. It's amazing the things they do listen to and what they can do when they take it to heart and run with it. xo

Unknown said...

That is wonderful news Heather! I am so happy for you. I know you are so proud of him. He is such a smart boy there is no telling what he will accomplish! I can understand his teacher wanting to know what happens to him. I do too!
Hugs,
Sherry

P.S. Why don't they show more kids like this on the news instead of the ones hurting people?

Anonymous said...

YAY! Heather, that's great!
Cindy

AwtemNymf said...

Congratulations to you both! How exciting!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm returning the visit! :O)
Haunting Hugs & faerie Dust!
ps- love your blog header!