Apr 7, 2009

Historic Galena, IL Part III

Since so many of you asked to see pictures of the Inn I stayed at, here they are but be patient I have so much to catch up on this week so I will upload pics and post as I go. Thanks to everyone for their interest in my travels!


The Goldmoor Inn











The Goldmoor Inn sits high atop the bluffs overlooking the majestic Mississippi River.


I have to say this is one of the best Inn's I have ever stayed at. Their service goes way above and beyond.

With suite names like Lancelot, Guinevere, Arthur and Elizabeth the idea of a castle drew me in already.









The grounds likewise are very well cared for, paying attention to every detail it sits on and I loved the little fountain in the circle drive.






















The rooms were very richly decorated (I stayed in the Elizabeth suit) and the amenities were unlike most B & B's I have stayed at. When they say they are unparalleled in service they are right.

They are the first Bed and Breakfast in Illinois to offer free out going calls, (as long as its not abused) They understand that mothers need to check in on children when they are away. Which I did because Tiny had come down with a cough and cold just before I left.














Check out this front door, I love wooden doors, and the pathway up to some of them resembled the look of a drawbridge. They went all out when they built this fantastic Inn.



















If you need anything all you have to do is ask. The staff is very helpful and courteous. They have a little gift shop that stays open until 10 and if you want to watch movies all you have to do is pick some out and take them up to your room. Thats the first time I have ever seen an open door policy on renting movies. Your room has a dvd player, vcr and huge color tv. It was so cozy that I decided to order out pizza and watch a movie before going out again in the morning. I didn't make it through the movie, the bed was like sleeping on a real mattress lol something I don't have here at home and I fell sound asleep. I could have fit all 4 kids and myself in that bed and still had room to stretch out. I have to admit it was strange to sleep without a knee in my spinal column, a foot in face, or a child flopping around like a bucking bronco. I think this was the first time in almost 9 years I got up for a drink & a snack and it was for me!
I also like the fact that they stock your fridge, with water, soda's and orange juice.


I will take you on a tour of the inside of my suit on my next blog.
Prim Blessings,
Heather

10 comments:

Rooster Inn Primitives said...

The place looks awesome. Cant wait to see the inside pics. I bet you had the time of your life. Thanks for sharing

Blessings
Pam

Betty BeadBug said...

Sleep, regular and deep, has become somewhat like a dream for me. If everyone could just stay well that would be a good start. The inn looks awesome. I love being able to "take" this trip with you.

Jen said...

Hello Dear,

It's been a while :0 Hope you are well and all is good your way.

Also, go pick up your Mom of the Year Award at my blogspot!~

Betty BeadBug said...

Just wanted to stop back and send you and yours Easter blessings. I hope it's a great one.

Much Love,
Jules
xo xo

Anonymous said...

The Goldmoor is an incredible place to stay. Great views, great service, incredible experience! Glad to see you enjoye being out there... Galena/Jo Daviess County CVB

Anonymous said...

Cool Heather!
Cindy

Creepy Creations by Jamie Moore said...

Hey Heather! I just wanted to let you know that I gave you a blog award that you can pick up at my blog!

Jamie

Betty BeadBug said...

Psst...I left you something on my blog...xo

Dracenea said...

When will you have the interior pics up? :)

Saw you stopped by my blog...welcome!

Foolish Notions Vintage said...

I am a bit behind with the interior pics but will post them soon. thanks for stopping by my blog as well!
Heather