Apr 25, 2009

The "Boo Crew"

















The boo crew started as a little sketch I did of a group of characters to read to my children at bedtime. My children's love for the characters grew along with the sketches until Grimly the skelly boy and his gang of friends came to life and continued to grow and grow. It has now spawned a series of stories full of inspiration as Grimly and his friend go on these amazing journeys. The Adventures of Grimly.



Meet Grimly and the gang: His best and trusty friend the black cat "Spook", "Stitch" is the jester always clowning around & keeping Grimly on his toes, and "Stump", the pumpkin boy who doesn't have to hide how he looks at Halloween.

Reluctantly but with the urging of a few of my artist friends I decided to share some paintings with the general public. I feel a bit weird about it really. I guess maybe because these guys are such a part of my life with my children, they think its great so where can one go wrong. I brought them back, featured two paintings that are now available on ebay. I am not sharing the stories of all Grimly's adventures, some things are just for my little ones. I hope that everyone likes the ones that I did share.

Have a great weekend!
hugs,
Heather


Come see the rest on EBAY

15 comments:

Jody said...

Love the Boo Crew! What an adorable idea!

Unknown said...

Wow! Heather Girl! That is really impressive. You should seriously think about making a book out of them! You could dedicate to your own children! Very, very creative!!

Unknown said...

The Boo Crew are terrific! You should do the adventures in a picture series!?
take care Kim

Wendy said...

Very cool!

Clay Perry said...

i love it...

Hibiscus Moon said...

They are really adorable!

Annabelle said...

Thanks for following me.
I have been admiring your art from afar and the Boo Crew is simply spooky cute!
Hugs Annabelle

Anonymous said...

OH Heather - these are ADORABLE!
Cindy

Betty BeadBug said...

These are really great...I can totally see why your kids love them! I love them too. xo

Creepy Creations by Jamie Moore said...

Heather, very cool! I love them, what a great idea!! You should make a book even if it is just for your kids, it will give them something to look back on and even pass down to thier kids! Thank you so much for sharing!

Jamie

Unknown said...

Beautiful Heather, I am so happy to see you continuing this series! I gave you an award so go visit my blog to get it!!
Hugs,
Sherry

Princess61470 said...

This is such a great idea, the story and everything. There is a place online where you can do your own books. I read about it on BHS the other day I think and you could do a book for each of the kids, compiling all the stories and sketches, what an awesome memory!! The paintings are darling and I can see your kids and you enjoying the Boo Crew!! Such great memories for you all!!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

hi...i just found your blog and love it. i think you are going to really want to see some of my collection. i have the largest authentic witch collection in existence and have started posting pics of it on my blog. some are in the archives. check it out at:

octoberfarm.blogspot.com

enjoy!
joyce

Anonymous said...

They are great and cute too!

Courtney Short said...

your paintings are adorable.. this one is my favorite.. painting is always one of those things i wished i could do.