Jul 28, 2009

ACEO's

I love doing these little ACEO's. I remember the first time I found out what they were. I have to admit I had never even heard of them 3 years ago. I was amazed at the artists that create little works of art in this small format. Don't laugh I was someone scrapbooking on 12 x 12 sheets where you have room to work!
For those of you who are not familiar with ACEO's here is the skinny on them:

A.C.E.O.- Art Cards -Editions and Originals... fit in a standard trading card sleeve, or can be matted and framed. They are an affordable way to own, collect and / or trade original works of art.
The only rule for aceo's is their size, they have to be 2.5 x 3.5 always. Other than that anything goes. They can be painted, drawn, altered art, I know of an artist that does them on fabric dryer sheets. Similar to ATC's or artist trading cards which began as a way for artists to trade each others work back and forth with each other. These were not meant to be sold. ACEO's hit ebay and grew like you wouldn't believe. I am glad they did. I have began to collect them from all the artist friends I know.

I am used to doing larger paintings but once I began doing them I couldn't stop. I love them. I just wish I had more time to work with them as my days are filled with so many other mediums. Here is a new ACEO that I did this week and will be available on ebay:

3 comments:

Art by Darla Kay said...

I'm having a current little love affair with ACEOs myself! Your's is awesome!!
Darla♥

Hibiscus Moon said...

That is a great little piece.

Unknown said...

Nice one! I love collecting them! Haven't tried to paint one. I think I have a couple of yours!! :)