Sep 22, 2009

The First Day of Fall...

(Baby Boo white pupkins only 90 days til they reach their full size.)
The Autumn equinox or first day of fall is officially here today Tuesday Sept 22, 2009. I soooo look forward to fall every year it is such a peaceful time for me. The days will start to get shorter now and the nights longer, it will get dark a lot earlier than it did during the spring and summer months. This is all part of the way life is. A balance is drawn between the passing seasons.
(white pumpkin flowers)
Autumn is again representing the constant struggle which we endure in our lives. Darkness and death are as much a part of our lives as light and birth. As the seasons change and the vegetation on the earth withers and dies only to become alive and vibrant once again, it is a constant cycle of life, growth, death and rebirth. I will miss the leaves as they turn colors and fall from the trees, but know they will appear again and start the cycle all over again.
(The years harvest)
(Beautiful white pumpkins!)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard the white pumpkins are also called ghost pumpkins...very nice...love them!

Happy first day of Autumn!

Dede said...

I love the long nights. Great pictures of the white pumpkins.

anjah said...

Very nice words, and everything is true.
Now I also particularly like to go out and enjoy this change from loud to quiet time. I try to catch every ray of sunshine.
Blessings, Anjah

By Way of Salem said...

Ooooh Heather - are those in your garden? I love the baby boo's. The seeds were sold out this year at the store, I bought too late I'm afraid, so I'm growing some others myself. I love your pics though!

Constance said...

I love white pumpkins and really enjoyed your post. Autumn is indeed a time for reflection and you said it beautifully.

Rue said...

White "Lumina" pumpkins are one of my favourite varieties!

Autumn blessings to you!

Jblover109Woozworld said...

I enjoyed your words today and the baby boo's are wonderful! Only 90 days to come to maturity..that is great. I have wanted to grow pumpkins for along time but don't have much space..maybe this would be a solution!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post Heather! Death is knocking on the door in my family and this is just what I needed to read. :)
Hugs

QueenBe said...

I love the different pumpkins you can get now.... the cinderella ones, ghost pumpkins, and the green and peach colored ones, too (not sure what their names are). I am addicted to pumpkins. Your blog looks amazing!

Unknown said...

I live in Arizona, and I have always wanted to plant pumpkins, but our seasons are all backwards...anybody have any idea or live here tht could tell me when to plant so I have them in the fll, and they don't burn up????? I love your blog!