Jun 5, 2009

Burning Bright Award...

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Eleanor Roosevelt

There isn´t enough darkness in all the world to snuff out the light of one little candle.
Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C

Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air. They are where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
Henry David Thoreau





Jennifer awarded me with this honor and had me in tears tonight. This is what she said: "
You can never extinguish the Light that Shines Brightly within all of us. If there is Hope, there is Light, if there is a Dream, that same Light will lead the way, and this Award I created this evening reflects that Creative Spark, that Light we all hold within us, but there are certain people who come to mind that Shine So Brightly that you can't help notice the Warmth that illuminates in all they do, and in what they represent and just who they are."

Its moments like these when you realize how very special those who you truly love are. I have realized that along this very hard path I have traveled there has been much wear and tear on my soul. Its these life moments that make you sometimes question, have you done enough? Have you shared, and loved, and helped enough. Its this award that made me see that I have touched lives of those around me, and after all isn't that what its all for?

I was feeling a bit down tonight as many of you know I have had many years of martial arts training and lost a wonderful inspiration to me David Carradine has passed away. I would like to add a quote of his to this lovely award before I pass it along.
"If you cannot be a poet, be the poem"~ David Carradine

David Carradine
1936-2009
David departed this life June 3, 2009 in Bangkok, Thailand while on location for a film.
You will be sadly missed my friend, I hope that you will find happiness and peace.

I would like to pass this wonderful Burning bright award along to these people who's candle burns brightly in my life. All you have to do is pass this along to those whose light shines even within the darkest night.

Sherry Byrum of Byrum Art
Day from Grim Prim Studio's
Jan From Moonhollow Vintage
Karen from Idrawpix and her amazing Hope in the Heart of Darkness blog





4 comments:

clairedulalune said...

Congratulations on your award and very sad to hear about David. He will be sorely missed.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Heather! You truly deserve this award!
Cindy

AwtemNymf said...

Beautiful award! I didn't know David passed away. I used to watch his Kung Fu show. Wow! Blessings and Congratulations! ~A~

Unknown said...

We both received this one from Jennifer! Now I received it from you too! And I gave it to you too! You were the first person who came to my mind! We are starting to stalk each other. LOL
I love you Heather girl!
You inspire lots of people!
xoxo